Nov 3, 2011

T-Shirt Scarf


This is just one of many ways to make a t-shirt scarf. I'll post other ways soon, but I'm sure you can come up with a few yourself.  

what you need: old t-shirts, (or if you're me... a few of the extra yards of jersey fabric you have) and scissors. 
cost: free!!
difficulty level: easy!!!

step one: cut strips of your jersey or t-shirt. I used about 2 yards of fabric so you may need more than one t shirt.



step two: gently pull the strips so they stretch and roll.


make a lot of them :)

step three: Lay your spaghetti out lengthwise, and tie the ends of on side together. then you will tie the other ends together making big loops out of 2 spaghetti. I loosely braided/twisted mine loops together as I tied them.


step four: wrap one spaghetti around all the loops to keep them together. This part is totally optional, but I like the way it looks.


All done! You can wear it a bunch of different ways... and since I have so much left over fabric I think I'll try this again soon with a few differences.



Stay tuned!

No comments: