Oct 18, 2011

Chalk-Paint Wine Glass



Tired of drinking someone else's wine? Solve that problem with a little chalk paint on the base of the glass. Then your guests can write their names or draw pictures to mark their wine.    Here's how it's done!
  
Cost: You can do a full set of 8 glasses for less than $30 (assuming you're getting the glasses at Target...) This was free for me since I already had a glass and the paint.

You will need:
A wine glass (or many wine glasses)
Primer
Chalkboard paint
A place to dry the glasses. I recommend wax paper. 



Step one:
Take your wine glass outside and spray the base and a bit of the stem with your primer. Let it dry outside.


Step two:
Open up your can of chalkboard paint and literally dip the bottom of the glass into the paint.   ** Note: doing it this way is easy, but takes a long long time to dry. If I did it again, I would use a paint brush instead. **



Step three:
Pull it out slowly and let some of the excess paint drip back into the can.

Step four:
Let it dry... this is where I did NOT plan ahead. I sat at the table holding the glass in the air until it was just dry enough to set down on a magazine. I recommend getting some wax paper ready!

When it finally dries, you can start writing with chalk!! Now, I have no idea if the glasses are still dishwasher safe. I will be handwashing this one. Good luck, and Happy Hallo-wine!

No comments: