Oct 26, 2011

Film Negavite Lamp


Saw an amazing photo of this on Pinterest and just had to do it! There was no tutorial, so I totally winged it. You're welcome...because now you have directions!


Difficulty level: easy-ish
Cost: $15 including the lamp

You will need:
A glass lamp. This one was $8 at Ikea. (Free for me, I've had it forever)
Old film negaitves. Try to use black and white; color film is brown and not as nice. * I used 12*
Mod Podge and a sponge brush
Step One:
Clean and dry your lamp, and choose your negatives. Mine are from my and Katie's high school photo journalism class!

Step Two:
Apply a layer of Mod Podge ( 1 inch wide) to 2 sides of the lamp. You will wrap the strips one at a time around the corners. ** This was my first time ever using Mod Podge!**

Keep doing this until half of your lamp is covered.

Let the glue dry before flipping the lamp on the other side. Then, keep on gluing!

Let all of that dry too. ** Some of the film had a hard time staying down, so I used a little hot gule to tack it.








Last Step:
Plug it in and enjoy, or give it as a gift. This would be cool if you had old vacation or wedding negatives too. 


Pretty sweet look! And I'm proud of my first Mod Podge creation.
                

No comments: