Nov 14, 2011

yarn wrapped bracelets


what you'll need: some yard, some bracelets, and some hot glue
cost: $5-or free for me cause I had all this around the house!
difficulty level: if you are tangle-prone (like me) then medium... if you are normal this should be a piece of cake. or pie, whichever you prefer.


Before bracelets!


In an effort to prevent tangles I did this with a few yards of yarn......










To start it out: just put a dab of hot glue on the inside of the bracelet and press the yarn into it to secure.





Wrap the yarn covering the hot glue dot and working your way around the whole thing. Keep the yarn pulled tight and wrap closely together.




This is about the point where my yarn tangled despite my best efforts. "Nice try, Katie." is what you can say right here if you'd like. I'll be untangling yarn for a few minutes, feel free to take a coffee break ;)


You will run out of yarn and some point (or you will tangle it and have to cut yourself free), so just tie another piece to the one that's about to run out and make sure the knot will be at the inside of the bracelet. Trim the knot tails and keep wrapping!




To finish, just put another dab of hot glue and press the yarn in so the fibers get all caught up.




 I made another one in a smaller size. 


And then I gave it a haircut since I used fuzzy yarn and it looked like I made a bracelet out of Nico (my dog). She was not amused when I told her this would be her punishment if she didn't stop looking at me like that.



Finished! Now I have 2 fuzzy yarn wrapped bracelets. Make a couple more of these and you can keep wearing your summer clothes all the way through winter. Who needs sleeves when you got an arm full of these bad boys. 




No comments: