Jan 10, 2012

Crafting Play List #1



All of us need a little inspiration from time to time, and music is a great way to get creativity flowing. This is the first {of hopefully many} crafty playlists. There are also explanations for why each song was chosen!


*Note: there is a Beatles song for EVERY situation, however the playlist site doesn't allow them for copy right reasons. Katie also loves Funny Girl by Barbra Streisand for crafting, but they didn't have that either.*


Reasons I chose each song:
1. Lisa Hannigan is not only an amazing singer, she is also crafty. She hand-stiched her entire album art, including ALL the lyrics!
2. Strawberry Swing has an amazingly creative music video. Seriously, look it up!
3. Harry Potter is obviously my inspiration. Hedwig's theme is just pretty.
4. Local Natives was chosen by Jana, and I'm in LOVE.
5. The Weepies are another super creative duo who make beautiful music, and I find it calming when I sit still doing crafts.
6. Andrew Belle was suggested by my boyfriend, again because of his creativity. Look up his videos also!
7. The Civil Wars were suggested by my friend Amy. This song is beautiful.
8. The White Stripes just rule. Like, alot. I also think it's perfect for wintery crafting.
9. Snow Patrol was also suggested by Amy, and this is my favorite song of theirs.
10. Camera Obscura have great songs. This one makes me want to make stuff out of books.

No comments: