Jan 31, 2012

Cutesy Felt Pouch

The inside of my purse is atrocious. Seriously... if you can put it in a purse, then I have lost it in a purse. It's full of receipts and random scribbled notes I throw in there, plus a million other mystery objects. Mary Poppins ain't got nothin' on me....
But, I digress.....



This is a little felt pouch I have made to help organize my bag a little more. It could also make a cute little wallet or clutch if you have a little girl that likes to dress up!


What you'll need: 8x10" felt in multiple colors, embroidery floss, a needle, some scissors/pinking shears. The button is optional-Velcro could also work.

cost: $5

Difficulty level: easy, and it could be made easier and turned into a kid friendly craft with some fabric glue instead of a needle and thread

1. Cut a rectangle with pinking shears. About 3" high x 4" wide. Stitch to the very center of your felt rectangle with a running stitch.


2. Fold the bottom portion up one third. Stitch the outside edges with a running stitch.


3. Cut out shapes to decorate with. I used hearts in honor of February.


4.  (Optional) Sew a button to the pouch and cut a slit into the flap right about the button to create your button hole.


5. Enjoy! You can use this to hold your sunglasses, keep pens together, or even to hold your make-up. The options are endless :)



No comments: