Sep 26, 2011

Craft Fail--Fabric Flowers

Hey, it's Kayleigh!
So, I LOVE fabric flowers and waste a lot of money buying headbands and necklaces with them on in it. I saw this tutorial on another blog and thought, "Hurray! I can just do it myself!" Turns out, I'm not so great at making fabric flowers.... 

Here is the original tutorial photo and link to the blog + video (she did a great job, this is not her fault!)






     Cherry Street Cottage Fabric Flower Tutorial











I followed the directions along with the video...like 10 times. No matter how hard I tried, my flowers just would NOT be cute!! But, I didnt want to waste them and all those hours of trying, so I turned them into fridge magnets. Now only my mom has to see the mess I made. And you guys :)



The beige floral one isn't that bad actually.




But the others..... well, there was a lot of swearing, and hot glue EVERYTWHERE.







I hope you guys have better luck!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kayleigh. Thanks for sharing my tutorial. I'm sorry they didn't turn out as good for you. The hot glue can be messy and annoying so if you want to try again fabric glue can work too. I think they turned out better than you give yourself credit though - great idea with the magnets!

Girl vs Craft said...

Thank you! I really did love your tutorial...I'm not so good with folding and gluing apparently. I just kept thinking I needed one more hand!