Sep 23, 2011

Put some chalk paint on it! Part One: The door




I decided to paint my closet door with chalk paint when I moved. It's so easy, and looks kind of awesome in my room. Super easy, too. (since this was a long time ago, I don't have step by step photos, but I believe in you! You can do it!)




*You need to get chalk paint-- $15 ish at home depot.
*You also need a primer. I use Kilz in spray form-- $8ish at home depot.

You obviously also need a paint brush, and some painter's tape around the door handle helps too.










Now.... take the door off its hinges, and move outside! 
*Spray your door down evenly with the Kilz. Let it dry.
*Then, paint 2-3 coats of the chalk board paint on top. Let it dry between coats!
*Put the door back on the hinges, and start writing!
I've seen some sites that give you instructions on how to make your own chalk paint. Feel free to do that if you're feeling extra crafty. But this stuff is easy, and I have TONS left!

No comments: