Sep 9, 2011

Featured Etsy Seller: Jana!

 This month's Featured Seller is our friend Jana! She and Kayleigh were roommates for 3 years...then she moved to Montana and started making kick ass jewelry. Her shop is called Hide.Your.Feathers

 Here's what Jana had to tell us::
I always wanted to make my own jewelry but never really sat down and went for it. Finally, in August 2011 I made a necklace for a friend, who kept telling me that I should just go for it, and then just kept creating new pieces because I had all these ideas in my head. I would find myself drawing (sort of, I'm not very good at it..) what was popping up in my mind. I opened up my Etsy shop to start selling to the public and I am continuously adding new, original pieces weekly.

I love using natural stones, brass, wire wrapping techniques, gold, silver, charms, suede, beads, anything vintage or vintage inspired, and geometric shapes. I also just recently started to hand paint pieces so that they are truly one of a kind. I am constantly trying new techniques to keep things interesting.

I am inspired by anything bohemian, Navajo, Native American, and just nature in general. I also believe that I was born in the wrong decade. The 60's and 70's had it going on (but that means I would have to give up my iPhone...hmm).

 

So..Go check out her stuff! Favorite it, buy it, send it to your friends. It's all so cool and super well made (I bought myself a necklace a few weeks ago)!

No comments: