Oct 1, 2011

Sequin Witch Hat Decoration

I babysat a couple girls the other night and they had these cool carboard witch hats from Jo-Ann's that we decorated together. They attacked their's with paint and glitter glue, but I saw a chance to make some really cool, sophisticated Halloween decorations. This is the first of 2... I went BIG with the sequins....

Cost: Less than $10, depending on sales and cost of sequins
Difficulty Level: Really easy, very time consuming (about 4 hours!)


You'll need:
Cardboard witch hat ($3 from Jo-Ann's)
Large black sequins (I used over 300, so buy 2 packs)
Glue gun
Patience!!






  All you need to do, is start gluing sequins to the brim of the hat....




And keep on gluing.... Then cut off any sequins that hang over the edge.











Next... Move on to the pointed part. The top is a little tricky, and mine is a bit sloppy.. just hang in there!


<< At this point, I had already taken like 5 breaks. I never want to glue a sequin again. Did I mention I did this to my graduation hat too?? I'm up to 8 hours of sequin gluing in my life!







BUT it turns out pretty awesome when it's finally finished::





No comments: