Oct 31, 2011

Thanksgiving Doilie Canvas



I was having a hard time thinking of Thanksgiving crafts. I love Halloween and Christmas so much that I often look over Thanksgiving-except the food! So I changed some "snowflake" art into fall colors and added a little "thanks". Super easy, and very pretty.

Cost: $15-- I got the paint on sale for 77 cents, and used my Michael's coupons
Difficulty level: easy, but messy


You Need:
Canvas (mine is 12x12)
Fall colored paints
Paper doilies--find them in the baking area of the craft store
Mod Podge and foam paint brush




Step One:
Paint your doilies and let them dry completely


Step Two:
Decide how you want to arrange them on your canvas, and then start Mod Podging. Apply a little to the canvas or the back of the doilie, THEN paint over the whole doilie.
Here's where it's messy-- use your fingers to make sure the edges stick down to the canvas.

Do this with all of your doilies.


Then, paint over your whole canvas with the Mod Podge to make the whole thing shiny.






I decided to add "Give Thanks" as an after thought. Do it in pencil first, then trace it with gold paint pen.                                                   

Now, decide where to put it!    

           

No comments: