Nov 30, 2011

Happy Christmas

Kayleigh and I love Harry Potter. It's no secret. I also let you know last week that my Christmas theme for this year is "Harry Potter", so today I have a craft that I'm using to decorate my tree. 

"Happy Christmas" Scrolls




what you'll need: a brown paper bag or two, pen, scissors, and possibly matches or a lighter
cost: free! get the bag from the grocery store next time you go 
difficulty level: this is a great craft for kids if you skip the fire part. I will not be responsible if they burn your house down, fair warning.  


first cut strips of paper about 1 1/2" x 6".

then write "Happy Christmas" or another special holiday message in your best writing... or you can just say Hagrid wrote it :).  This is where you can burn the edges to make it look beat up, or you can tear them if you'd like the look better.


Next roll the edges of one side up, and the other side down.


AND NOW get to decorating! I love Christmas so much!!! Harry Potter Christmas just makes me happy in my heart.




Yes, by the way, I am aware that I am a grown woman who has no children to use as an excuse for all this.... but my apartment will be a magic winter wonderland just like Hogwarts.











No comments: