Jan 19, 2012

Easiest Pin Cushion Ever


I just got my first personal sewing machine the other day (YAY) and of course that means I NEEDED to get all new stuff for it, right? Well I was super tired of my tomato pin cushion from the 6th grade--you know the one. Instead of blowing all my cash on new sewing supplies, I decided to make a pin cushion for myself.

This one requires no sewing (confusing, I know), and cost me $0! My mom accidentally bought me 10 mason jar lids instead of the actual jar, so now I need to use them. Perfect solution to many issues!

Difficulty: Ridiculously easy
Cost: Free! Or less than $5 if you need a few things.

You'll Need:
A mason jar lid
A scrap of woven fabric (knits will get giant holes)
A little bit of polyfill stuffing

Step 1: (easier explained through photos)


Step 2:
Fold the corners in toward the center of the circle. Glue in place...it's easier that way.

Step 3:
Put the "ring part" of the jar lid around your little circle of batting and fabric. It should almost click into place.


 Finished Product:



You can put it on the actual jar, or set it next to your machine, and I've even seen some hanging on the wall. Way cute and super easy. It took me 5 minutes.


Then I got REALLY fancy... I made a stencil using freezer paper (tutorial coming soon), painted the Pinterest Logo, and made myself a "Pin It!" Pin cushion. It's a little sloppy, but it was my first try! Love it.



No comments: