Sep 20, 2011

Vintage Embroidery Thread Hair Comb...

This craft is quick, cheap, and actually kind of fun! Again, I saw something similar posted on Pinterest, and thought, "I can do that!" So I did...and SO CAN YOU!!

Cost: $5-$10 will get you about 12 of these things!  (free if you already have this stuff)
Difficulty level: EASY!!

Materials you need:
Hair combs ($4 for 12 of them at Walgreens)
Embroidery thread (mine came in that huge jar for $9 at a vintage shop)
Scissors and glue gun

Step one: choose your colors, and cut about 12 inches of each. This was my hardest step because I had so many colors to choose from.





<<<< totally worth the $9!









Step two:
Start at one end of your comb, and wrap the thread in between the teeth of the comb in an X shape like so...



It's ok if there is hanging thread, just tuck it behind the next color as you go.





Keep on wrapping in whichever pattern you chose. As you can see, I was tired and messed up my pattern. Oops....

Last step: put a dab of glue at the end of the last wrapped color. I also went back and tacked down the loose ends with the glue gun.




  **Here's a silly shot of what it looks like in my hair ( no one was home to help me take it haha)










From a cheap little hair comb, to a totally cute, crafty accessory. See, I told you that you could do it!               >>>>





Now I have all this left over thread.... friendship bracelets anyone?!?!

No comments: